- H.E launching the second National Development Plan
- NPA MEETING A DELEGATION FROM UNDP TO DISCUSS SUPPORT TOWARDS IMPLEMENTATION OF NDPII AT NPA
- H.E the President launching the Uganda Vision 2040
- Growth Path
- NPA Authority Members in Kagadi-Kibale for familiarization tour on African Rural University's Visionary Approach methodology as part of popularizing the Uganda Vision 2040
WELCOME TO NPA
National Planning Authority was established by the NPA Act (15 of 2002) in accordance with Article 125 of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. The Authority was established on backdrop of the need for:
Building the national capacity for visionary and long term planning. The Authority would establish a framework that enable the short and medium term national priorities to be derived from and guided by agreed strategic objectives, long term development goals and perspective vision aspirations.
To produce comprehensive and integrated development plans for the country, elaborated in terms of the perspective Vision, long and medium–term plans.
Other key functions of NPA include:
- Coordinate and harmonize development planning in the country.
- Monitor and evaluate of Public Projects and Programmes.
- Advise the Presidency on policies and strategies for the development of the country.
- Liaise with the private sector and civil society in the evaluation of Government performance.
- Support local capacity development for national and decentralised development planning.
"The Institution for National Development Planning propelling sustainable socio-economic transformation of Uganda"
"To produce comprehensive and integrated development plans and provide evidence based public policy guidance for Uganda."
- Strengthen planning systems and, develop comprehensive, participatory, inclusive and integrated development plans and frameworks.
- Provide evidence based public policy advice and inform public policy debates.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and impact of development policies, plans and programmes, and performance of the economy of Uganda and Strengthen the capacity of the Authority to effectively and efficiently deliver its mandate.